Wednesday 8 December 2010

One minute film

I was really excited to start making my film as my aim is to become an editor, but yet again I kicked myself over the subject matter I had chosen. Had i had more time I would have really loved to make an animation around the boys and this is something I aim to do in the future. After deciding that animation was probably something I could not achieve at least not to a high standard, I started to think of other ways I could portray the action but also tell the storyline of The Boys, I needed my film to be quick and snappy but also clear and concise so that the audience would understand what product I was promoting. I look through you tube for ages trying to find some fan videos when I came across interviews with the writer and artist, they were quick interviews which made them snappy but there where a lot of them so I new if I picked the write ones I could explain what The Boys was all about to someone how had never heard of it before in a minute. I went through all of the interviews and selected two one from the writer and one from the artist. The were each about 3 minutes long so I had to cut them down. My next step after selecting the footage I would use was selecting the song, because I like to work to the music when I am editing. The song I chose was a Stylust remix of Eminems Superman, I felt the term superman fitted well with the subject matter and the remix gave me a fast pace to edit the film to.

No comments:

Post a Comment